Health protocols – Covid19
What are the requirements for arriving passengers to Uganda?
- Arriving passengers should hold a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued within 72 hours from the time of sample collection to boarding aircraft leaving the country of origin.
What are the other requirements/arrival process for arriving passengers?
- All passengers will be required to go through the recommended Port health procedure of identifying body temperature and symptoms.
- Please note that the mandatory testing of all incoming passengers at Entebbe International Airport was suspended effective February 16, 2022.
What are the COVID 19 PCR test requirements in relation to children?
- Children below six (6) years will be exempted from the requirement for a negative PCR test certificate if they are accompanied by parents holding a negative COVID -19 PCR test certificate.
What are the requirements for departing passengers?
- Passengers departing Uganda through Entebbe International Airport (EIA) must have an authentic negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued within 72 hours from the time of sample collection to boarding aircraft. In case the destination country’s PCR test time requirements call for less hours, that takes priority.
- Passengers departing EIA are required to know, understand, and interpret COVID-19 requirements of the country they are travelling to.
- All COVID-19 PCR test certificates for departing passengers MUST indicate TRAVEL as the intended purpose of the test.